PRSA Colorado Recognizes Excellence in Public Relations with 2013
Gold and Silver Pick Awards
56 awards presented in addition to Swede Johnson Lifetime Achievement Award, Chapter Service, Joe Fuentes Rookie of the Year, Public Relations Person of the Year, Mentor of the Year and
Public Relations Team of the Year
DENVER (May 9, 2013) — The Colorado Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) proudly announced the 2013 winners of the Gold and Silver Pick Awards, an annual competition honoring the achievements of individuals and organizations for best practices and high ethical standards among leaders and peers in the public relations field. The process provides a chance for practitioners to evaluate successful campaigns, highlight team performance and submit work that, in effect, raises the bar for the profession.
Awards were presented on May 9, 2013 before more than 200 professionals by PRSA Colorado President Kim Sporrer, APR and featuring emcee and host Dom Testa, co-host of Denver's top-rated morning radio program, The Dom and Jane Show on Mix 100 and founder of The Big Brain Club. Below are the organizations awarded, the category placed and the organization represented:
Grand Gold Pick Winners
· Linhart Public Relations – Internal Communications - Business: Building Collaboration and Culture from the Inside-Out; Events and Observances (seven days or fewer) - Business Products: Bringing Chipotle's Cultivate Festival to Denver
Gold Pick Winners
Public Relations/Communications Firms
· Communications Strategy Group (CSG) – Events and Observances: Take Back Your Banking
· JKD! & Company – Pro Bono Projects/Programs - Special Event: Casa Magical Mile Gala; Media Relations – Consumer Services: Career Innovation 2012
· Linhart Public Relations – Pro Bono Projects/Programs - Electronic: Bringing Wish of a Lifetime's Mission to Life (Mission Video); Media Relations - Consumer Services, Health Care Services: UnitedHealthcare HEROES Grants Raise Awareness for Childhood Obesity; Pro Bono Projects/Programs (Special Events): Bringing The Boulder International Film Festival Center Stage; Marketing - Consumer Products: A Consumer-Centric Approach to Celebrating Brand Milestones; Newsletters: Verlasso Harmoniously Raised Salmon e-Newsletter: Currents; Marketing Consumer Products - Food and Non-alcoholic Beverages: "Let's Doodle Lunch" Integrated Campaign Drives Engagement and Sales
· MGA Communications and Vaisala – Media Relations - Business to Business: Vaisala Across America - A Road Weather Technology Tour
· Philosophy Communications – Integrated Communications: Apply the Knowledge; Marketing Consumer Products: Give the Gift of Colorado; Reputation Brand Management: Give the Gift of Colorado; Media Relations – Government: Give the Gift of Colorado; Media Relations – Consumer Products: Give the Gift of Colorado
· Pure Brand Communications – Websites - External: NCM Fathom: Classic Cinema Timeline; Smartphone/Tablet application: Sagwag - An Application For Cyclists to Raise Money Whilst Racing in a Charity Event; Media Relations - Consumer Services: First Western Trust Media Relations
· Air Force Space Command – Social Media - Associations/Government/Nonprofit Organizations: Air Force Space Talk
· City of Commerce City – Publication: Be the Adventure: Summer 2012 Park and Recreation Activities Guide; Press Conference: Missing Child Landfill Recovery Operation; Digital Brochure: Redefining Commerce: Interactive Digital Brochure
· Colorado State University – Brochures - Print: "InFact 2012-2013"
· Denver Art Museum – Integrated Communications - Associations/Government/Nonprofit Organizations: Only in Denver: Yves Saint Laurent Retrospective at the Denver Art Museum; Website - External: New DenverArtMuseum.org; Social Media - Associations/Government/Nonprofit Organizations: Beyond Links to Event Listings: Social Media at the Denver Art Museum
· Denver International Airport – Creative Tactics - Associations/Government/Nonprofit Organizations: "Road-eo" Stimulation Eases Fears Over Changes to Passenger Drop-Off Procedures at DIA
· Farm Credit – Publications-Books: Producing Excellence Commemorative Book; Social Media - Consumer Services: Farm Credit Goes Social
· Kaiser Permanente – Public Service-Association/Nonprofit: "The Weight of the Nation" Community Engagement Campaign; Workshops/Seminars/Training Programs: Preventing Falls; Workshops/Seminars/Training Programs: Hearing Services; Internal/Intranet Videos Programs: Value Compass Award Videos
· Kaiser Permanente Colorado – Feature Stories - Nonprofit Organizations: "Employee Hero Stories"
· Morris Animal Foundation – Social Media - Associations/Government/Nonprofit Organizations: Getting Sociable with Science
· Portico – Online Videos: Component Award Category
· U.S. General Services Administration – Media Relations – Government: GSA Transforms Historic Building To Innovative Sustainable Building Model
Silver Pick Winners
Public Relations/Communications Firms & Other Organizations
· Communications Strategy Group – Events and Observances (seven days or fewer): Investing and Politics; Integrated Communications: Investing and Politics
· Linhart Public Relations – Blogger Campaign: Those are Crocs? Changing Brand Perceptions with Blogger Ambassador Program
· MGA Communications and Vaisala – Advertorials: Condition Patrol - New Mobile Technology for the Road Weather Industry
· Philosophy Communication - Marketing Consumer Services: Frisco, Colorado - Eat, Stay, Play in Frisco
· Pure Communications – Internal Communications-Consumer Products: LA Phil LIVE Season 2 - An Integrated Campaign to Promote Arts Awareness; Smartphone/Tablet application: Western Union Payments Legend - A Game to Drive Potential Customers to Tradeshow Booths
· Weber Shandwick – Events and Observances (seven days or fewer) - Business, Services: Elevating the Anschutz Health and Wellness Center as a Leader and Innovator in Health and Wellness
· City of Commerce City – Community Relations: Quality Community Initiative Stakeholder Group
· Colorado State University – Events and Observances (more than seven days) - Government: Morrill Land-Grant Colleges Act 150th Anniversary; Social Media - Government: Introducing the Candidate for Top Mascot: CAM the Ram; Magazines - External Audiences Primarily: Food For Thought
· Farm Credit – Blogs: The AGgregator; Media Relations - Financial Services: Farm Credit Producing Excellence
· Pinnacol Assurance – Annual Report - Business: "We Are Pinnacol"
· Regis University – Social Media: #thisisregis | Regis University's Brand Marketing Department
· The Iliff School of Theology – Online Communications - Social Media: Social Media: The Iliff School of Theology
Special Award Winners
· Swede Johnson Lifetime Achievement Award: Sharon Linhart, APR, managing partner and founder of Linhart Public Relations
· Chapter Service Award: Meredith Bagnulo, APR, founder of Bagnulo Communications
· Joe Fuentes Rookie of the Year: Matthew Rodriguez, account executive, MGA Communications
· Public Relations Person of the Year: Chris Arnold, communications director, Chipotle
· Mentor of the Year Award: Jane Dvorak, APR, Fellow PRSA, founder of JKD! & Company, Inc.
· Public Relations Team of the Year: Lisa Cutter, Chair, 2012 PRSA Western District 2012 Conference Planning Committee
About PRSA Colorado
The Public Relations Society of America (www.prsa.org) is the nation’s largest association for the professional practice of public relations. The Colorado Chapter (www.prsacolorado.org), headquartered in Denver, has more than 450 members, making it one of the largest chapters in the country. The chapter provides timely and profession-specific educational programs, information and networking opportunities to all of its members, which include professionals at all levels working at local and national public relations agencies, corporations, government offices, universities, and nonprofits, as well as independent PR practitioners.
# # #
Click here to download a copy.