Fair & Ethical Campaign Challenge – Upcoming Political Forums
As we approach the November 2016 election, the Colorado Chapter has undertaken two important initiatives:
Fair & Ethical Campaign Challenge
We firmly believe that Colorado’s political, business and community leaders have an obligation to the public to share information that motivates people to get involved, speak truthfully and with transparency and in doing so, engender trust. So, we are challenging Colorado’s political campaigns to uphold the highest standards of ethical practice in every facet of their campaign communications.
Colorado Congressional campaigns have been asked to sign the Fair & Ethical Campaign pledge obligating them to abide by the PRSA Code of Ethics in their campaign communications.
The pledge is available here (download pdf). As we receive signed pledges, we will be pleased to post that list of representatives on this page. We look forward to posting names very soon!
Political Forums Partnership
Together with Denver7, Denver Press Club, Denver Post, The Roosevelt Institute and the Colorado Chapter is planning two issues forums and perhaps one other educational event leading up to the November 8, 2016 local and state election.
These events, which will be free and open to the public, were created with the intention of:
- Promoting fair, open, and ethical communications.
- Offering a platform for the candidates to pledge open and honest communication.
- Educating Colorado voters in a manner that is friendly, nonpartisan, and covers all aspects of the candidate or issue at hand.
- Keeping the dialog open – with beer! While we want the forums to inform first, we also want them to be fun. We’re encouraging attendees to join us at Denver Press Club after each event, to chat, debate, and #TaptheVote.
Please join us. Learn about the issues, the positions of your representatives, and get involved!
- Thursday, September 29, 2016: Forum #1 Colorado $12 Minimum Wage Amendment.
Location: Denver Post Auditorium, 101 W. Colfax Ave. | 6:30 - 7:30 p.m
- Wednesday, October 5, 2016: Forum #2 Amendment 69 - Colorado Cares
Location: Denver Post Auditorium, 101 W. Colfax Ave. | 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2016: Forum #3 Election Day 'Post Mortem'
Location: Denver Post Auditorium, 101 W. Colfax Ave. | 6:30 - 8 p.m.